Living in London, Ontario all my life and being in the technology field for over 15 years I have always found that staying connected to the Toronto technology community has always allowed me to experience technology progression in the fast lane. This became even more relevant when I started my journey in blockchain technologies in late 2017. Joining the blockchain hub community at York University and attending a few conferences really opened my eyes to how quickly the city embraced Blockchain technologies. Toronto in 2019 is just putting the pedal to the metal with Toronto Blockchain Week running from April 22nd to 28th. If you’re still wondering what the blockchain and crypto currency space is all about, I encourage you to attend this FREE to attend week of events. There are lots of great topics covered, here are some of the highlights of what you can experience (full events schedule can be found here).
- April 22nd, 2019 @ 6 pm: Blockchain to LIVE: How Toronto is Paving the Road to Decentralization at 192 Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON
- April 23rd, 2019 @ 5:30 pm: A Look Inside Digital Asset Platforms: Regulation, Trading and More! at Dentons, 77 King Street West, Suite 400, Toronto, ON
- April 24th, 2019 @ 5:30 pm: Blockchain & Permissioned vs. Permissionless Use Cases (Hyperledger, Crypto-Economy) at The BlockchainHub, York University
- April 25th, 2019 @ 5 pm: Mini Research Symposium on Blockchain and Cryptocurrency at University of Toronto, Bahen Centre for Information Technology
- April 26th, 2019 @ 11:30 am: Exploring Practical Applications of Blockchain, Tokens & Securities at Tokensquare, Liberty Commons at Big Rock Brewery, 42 Liberty St, Toronto
- April 27th / 28th, 2019 @ all day and night: Blackhack organized by Bitcoin Bay and taking place at George Brown College.